Welcome to Join the Journey.
I’m Jean Wilund, a blogger (bet you figured that out already), Bible teacher, speaker, and author of various articles and stories. (Check out Other Places I Write, if you’re curious.)
Join the Journey is a home for people who want to fall more in love with God and His Word and laugh along the way.
I’m convinced that no matter how much we want to love God, apart from His Word, our relationship with Him can only go so deep.
It’s His Word that moves His truths into our hearts and minds. It forms roots that can hold us strong even in the fiercest storms. Not only is God’s Word powerful, it’s fun to study.
Here at Join the Journey, I’ll tell personal stories from my journey with Christ as well as stories from others.
I’ll share truths of God I’ve learned as well as tips and resources for studying the Bible I’ve found helpful and make Bible study more fun.
And speaking of fun, I hope you’ll laugh a lot here, too.
Now you know a little about Join the Journey. If you want to get a glimpse into me, here are some little-known — and a few well-known — facts:
● I wrote my first book in elementary school—a cartoon book. It was three pages long, including the cover. I wanted to be the next Charles Schultz. Now I want to be the next C.S. Lewis. I don’t want much.
● I still haven’t gotten over flushing my favorite smiley face watch down the toilet when I was six-years-old.
● I cry at everything, even fabric softener commercials. My nose turns red when I cry. Great!
● I was so shy as a child that my sister Melissa had to talk for me. I liked drama in high school because my characters could talk for me. No one believes I’m still shy, but I am.
● I’ve lived in Germany and Italy. Also Georgia and South Carolina. I can speak German, but not Italian. I definitely speak Southern.
● I love my family. And coffee. I love my family more, but it’s kinda close.
● If I could do anything, I’d write children’s books, Bible studies, and novels that keep you up all night reading and inspire you to fully rest in and enjoy God. But first I’d write a blog. Oh, look! I am.
● I was 33 years old when I read the Bible in its entirety for the first time. I’d been a Christian for 20 years. What was I waiting for?
● I was 33 years old when I started to feel my relationship with God make a drastic difference in my life. I wonder if there’s a correlation? Hmmm…
● Every time I finish the Bible, I start over again. I’ll do that until the day He calls me home. I hope I get to read it at least 50 more times.
“For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword…” –Hebrews 4:12