Hi. I’m Jean Wilund, a recovering unraveled mess held together by the love and truth of God with a splash of coffee.
My passion is to share the life-changing truths of God’s Word through my writing, speaking, and teaching.
I’m convinced we’ll never really know and love the God of the Word until we know and love the Word of God. Our relationship with Him will only go as deep as our commitment to knowing and loving His Word.
And yet, the Bible is intimidating. Dr. Seuss’ Hop on Pop it’s not.
That’s why I blog.
I share helpful insights, tips, and resources to make our journey into studying the Bible easier and more fun.
A few of you just rolled your eyes because you think studying the Bible is zero fun.
I used to think so. But not anymore. Now I can’t get enough. My goal is to help you discover the truth that the Bible is more exciting than you ever imagined and studying it is a joy and adventure. And life-changing.
Once the Word of God gets into you, it does its perfect work. It performs heart surgery, extracting the junk and leaving behind gold.
Subscribe and join me on this journey into God’s Word.
If you’d like a glimpse into who Jean Wilund is, here are some lesser-known tidbits:
● I wrote my first book in elementary school—a cartoon book. It was three pages long, including the cover. I wanted to be the next Charles Schultz. Now I want to be the next C.S. Lewis. I don’t want much.
● I still haven’t gotten over flushing my favorite smiley face watch down the toilet when I was six-years-old.
● I cry at everything, even fabric softener commercials. My nose turns red when I cry. Great!
● My sister Melissa had to talk for me when I was young because I was so shy. I liked drama in high school because my characters could talk for me. No one believes I’m still shy, but I am.
● I’ve lived in Germany and Italy. Also Georgia and South Carolina. I can speak German, but not Italian. I definitely speak Southern.
● Funny people are my favorite. My husband is hilarious…and so are all our children.
● I love my family. And coffee. I love my family more, but it’s kinda close.
● If I could do anything, I’d write children’s books, Bible studies, and novels that keep you up all night reading and inspire you to rest in and enjoy God. But first I’d write a blog. Oh, look! I am.
● The Clemson Tigers are my favorite team. But I don’t have to hate your team to love mine. (And you don’t have to hate my team to love yours. Just sayin’)
● My awesome agent, Cyle Young, played football on Michigan’s national championship team, and he looks like it, so that makes him super cool, even though he never played for Clemson. The fact that he’s also a pastor who writes kids books just adds to his coolness factor.
● My journey into the writer’s world began a few years ago after my kids grew up, and I decided to teach other people’s kids at our church’s day school. I wrote retellings of Bible stories tracing Jesus through the Old Testament. I discovered I was a terrible writer. I went to a writers conference, and the rest is history. (By the way, my stories are much better now.)
● My lifelong dream of becoming an author is coming true at the age of 29, or whatever age it is that I am now. I’m glad my dream wasn’t to become an Olympic ski jumper. But my reason for wanting to become an author has changed. It started because I wanted to spend my day writing books and get paid to do it. Now I write because I want to help others to fall in love with God and His Word and writing and speaking are the best ways I know how to do it.
● I was 33 years old when I first read the Bible in its entirety. I’d been a Christian for 20 years. What was I waiting for? That was also when my relationship with God made a real difference in my life. I wonder if there’s a correlation? Hmmm…
● Every time I finish the Bible, I start over again. I’ll do that until the day He calls me home. I hope I get to read it at least 50 more times.